Suffering from tingling sensation in whole body. What could be the reason?

Psychiatrist
Question
my email address YYYY@YYYY

i am suffering from tengling in my whole body and failed to find a solution , please tell me what i can do to solve this
this started with me since March 2012 i always feel like something move inside my body
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
Before I proceed with answering your question, i would be glad if you can provide me further details:
1) Where is it more in your body?
2) Does it stay through out the day?
3) Anything increases or decreases the sensation?
4) Do you take alcohol? if so how commonly?
5) When you say that "something is moving inside" how certain are you about it? Is it possible that there are insects under your skin? if so how certain are you about it?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Suffering from tingling sensation in whole body. What could be the reason? 5 hours later
mainly I feel it in my head and under my feet and the whole body yes I feel like insects moving under my skin it bothers me alot I dont drink alcohol at all I am muslim and I did blood check up 7 months ago I checkef my vitamins parathyroid and calcium all were normal what can I do now

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 hours later
Thanks for providing me the additional information.
However you missed out answering one of my questions which is apparently important for me:
if so how certain are you about it? (regarding insects crawling under your skin)

Also i would like to know:
1) Have you ever tried to catch one?
2) How did you know that there were insects under your skin?
3) Do they escape any time.
Sorry to bother you, but following information will be useful to me.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Suffering from tingling sensation in whole body. What could be the reason? 27 minutes later
thank you but how can I catch one I just feel it for less than seconds and it goes and comes non stop except if I get busy I dont feel anything but again it starts it doesnt paint me at all but only bothers me

Thanks for the information as this part of information was important for me. After all that you have said about your condition,you seem to have investigated well about your condition. I understand that your parathyroid, calcium, complete blood counts, electrolytes and sugars have come back normal.
From your description, there are a few possible causes for the same:
1) Hypothyroidism. Get a TSH level done and you can identify whether there is a hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism can present with tingling sensation. You have mentioned that you have done parathyroid workup, get a thyroid workup as well.
2) B12 deficiency: B12 levels can be assessed in serum. Deficiency of B12 will lead to such tingling. B12 can be supplemented.
3) Medication side-effects: Certain medications can cause such symptoms as an adverse drug reaction. It depends if you are any such medications (some antihypertensives, diuretics).
4) The other possibility is that you are quite certain that there are infections under your skin. There is a condition called Ekbom syndrome (delusional parasitosis) which causes such sensation. Haloperidol, pimozide can help in this condition. Do visit a psychiatrist if all the above tests are negative as he is an expert in dealing with the ekbom syndrome.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.