Suffering from thyroid, stomach problems. On thyronorm medication. Thyroid test showing TSH done. Should I continue medication?

I am suffereing from Thyroid since last 20 months. Initially the TSH was in the range of 12 micro IU/ml.

I am taking thyronorm 75 since last one year. Shall I continue the medicine. I am also sufering from stomach problems. Does it have any side effect.

Please refer my attached report and advise whether I should continue with the medicine.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

Your test was done two days back and the reports were all normal.

You also complain of stomach problems. Stomach pain, diarrhea are common side effects of this tablet. You should take the tablet 30 minutes to 1 hour before breakfast, on an empty stomach, along with a glass of water.

If you continue getting these problems, you will need to discuss with your Physician.
Stopping the tablet may cause recurrence of the problem. Till then please continue it.

The doctor may consider altering/reducing the doses, you will have to discuss this with him.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.