Suffering from thyroid and hair fall problem. Suggest the medication

Hi i am XXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 25years, I am suffering from thyroid and hairfall since last two years, is there any medication to get it eradicated.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Sorry to tell you but hypothyroidism does not have a cure. When the levels of thyroid hormone are low than normal, then we will need to supplement with thyroid supplements. The dose of thyroxine is not high. Hypothyroidism and hair fall can be happening due to autoimmune condition. To rule out Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (an autoimmune condition), you can get TPO-antibodies measured. Hairfall can also be due to dandruff, nutritional deficiency or hormonal/genetic (male-pattern baldness). To rule nutritional deficiencies out you can get some basic blood tests done line tests for anemia, vitamin deficiencies, etc. Male pattern baldness is seen in male members of the family. Treatment of hair fall usually depends on the cause. Mostly taking biotin supplement, multivitamin tablets, using mild shampoos should work. Other measures that can help increase the immunity against dandruff and infection are taking lots of fruits and vegetables, exercising daily for 20 min and taking hygienic food and pure drinking water. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee