Suffering from thrombosed varicous veins along the GSV with incompetent perforation in thigh and leg. What does it mean?

Vascular Surgeon
Question
My Sister is suffering from the following desease? what does this mean, is this a
serious issue,

Can you please refer a good doctor in Hyderabad area ?

Please treat this as urgent .
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in General Health
Follow-up: Suffering from thrombosed varicous veins along the GSV with incompetent perforation in thigh and leg. What does it mean? 30 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Here is the complete query
serious issue ?

"Thrombosed varicous veins along the GSV with incompetent perforation in lower third of
Thig and upper part of leg."

Please treat this as urgent .

Thanks in Advance,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Srujal Shah 8 hours later
Hi Mr XXXXXX
Good morning.

Your sister is having dual problems.
First she had Varicose veins.They are dilated superficial veins of the leg due to valve incompetency in the legs.it is not a serious disease. it is just a symptom complex.
Secondly she has developed thrombosis into them which means the blood circulation within the diseased veins has become a clot due to sluggish circulation. It is a known complication of varicose veins.

Now treatment is simple: She needs anticoagulation (blood thining medicines) and analgesics and/or antibiotics first to settle the thrombophlebitis part.
secondly she should be treated for varicose veins so that she does not develop the same problem in future.
You can search for a vascular surgeon in your area by visiting the following link:
WWW.WWWW.WW
I would make a few recommendations. Dr P C XXXXXXX is a vascular surgeon in hyderabad. Dr Pinjala XXXXXXX in NIZAMs institute also is a vascular surgeon.

I hope I have answered your questions and you are satisfied.
Thanks

Dr Srujal shah
MS, MCh, Consultant Vascular and Endovascular surgeon
Ahmedabad