Suffering from throat pain, cold and cough, under medication and got relieved. But observed red color from nose

Hi Doctor, I am XXXXXXX I have been suffereing from throat pain, cold and cough (wet some times) since 5 days. I have been under medication.And I got relieved from all these things alomost all. But when I take out the cold from my nose, I observed red color from single hole.Please suggest
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need not be concerned...

Detailed Answer:

You seem to have suffered from acute upper respiratory tract inflammation which has settled down with antibiotic and steam inhalation. The latest symptom of reddish nasal discharge is most likely due bleeding from one of the nostril. This bleeding is most likely induced by forceful blowing.

It does not concern me and will most likely settle down with time. You need not be bothered. Continue with steam inhalation for a couple of days more; avoid nose picking and forceful nose blowing.

I will order for repeat evaluation if symptoms persists for next 2 days.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.