Suffering from throat pain and fever. On medication. Reports normal. What should I do?

ENT Specialist
i am suffering first throat pain &fever admitted in hospital for three days.The given me augmantine1.2gm.&livofloxacin I.V and taken clavam625 for six days twice daily. now RTI PROBLEM taking Moxifloxacin400mg .All report are normal. what i will do Doctor
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Get an throat swab sent for culture and antibiotic sensitivity.

2. Get a sputum examination done for three consecutive days.

3. Augmentin and Clavam are the same medication.

4. Moxifloxacin is a good drug but has a lot of undesirable side effects.

5. I am assuming that your Chest X-rays and other blood reports are normal and that Malaria, Dengue, H1N1 (Swine Flu) have been ruled out.

6. Is your fever still present? Have you been given any anti-allergic medication and steam inhalation? Is there any cough? if so, is it dry or productive? Do you have any breathlessness?

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.