Suffering from throat infection. Not cured by allergy medicine. Any suggestion?

ENT Specialist
Good noon,

I am 28 yrs hold I’m suffering from throat infection from last year. So I have been visited doctor ( Family physician but this no improvement.
So I visited ENT specialist last three months back they told that its an allergy and gave me medicine for three months after that also there is no improvement.
Kindly suggest.
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 4 hours later

I have gone through your query about your throat problem which you are facing for last one year and you have consulted your family physician and E.N.T.specialist as well according to your E.N.T.specialist you are having allergic disorder of throat. You are not feeling well after taking medicine for three months. Here I would like to tell you that for allergic disorders it is of prime-importance to find out allergen (thing which is allergic to you ) and once allergen is identified than one should avoid it's contact. since you are having problem for last one year so try to recollect any new item you have started using like- any new variety of soap / perfume / tooth paste etc, from the same duration. If any clue you can get yourself than start avoiding the same for some time and see the difference. but if you are not able to identify any allergen than you can contact allergy specialist they will do skin test to find out the allergen after that desensitization will be done by suitable vaccine by allergy specialist.

Hope you are now satisfy,