Suffering from temporal arteritis. Taking 45mg steroids. Is it safe to travel by air?

Poor

Question
I am suffering from temporal ateritis - I had a biopsy in December and within a week flew to France for the weekend because I wasn't told not to fly (because I didn't think to ask) it made my condition a lot worse and I suffered pain during the flight. Question: I am on 45mg steroids - still have slight claudication of the jaw - is it OK to fly now or not - do you know of other sufferers who have had problems flying???????????????
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
A patient suffering from temporal arthritis is advised to take  certain precautions like
Avoiding alcohol and smoking
Avoiding Trekking or air travel 
Because these factors can trigger a attack of headache.Otherwise there is no problem
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Suffering from temporal arteritis. Taking 45mg steroids. Is it safe to travel by air? 30 minutes later
Very scetchy reply - I have found all the things that you say to avoid on the website other than reference to air travel. Why (other than pressure alterations) is air travel not recommended????? - incidentally this is not arthritis as you write it is temporal arteritis and has nothing to do with artheritis are you sure you know what the condition is that I am suffering from??????????????

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
I know it is temporal arteritis and feel sorry for spelling it wrongly.
Like other triggers,an air travel can trigger the headache.It doesn't mean that every person suffering from temporal arteritis would definitely have headache in air travel.
Thanks