Suffering from tearing of skin under head of penis during intercourse. Skin around shaft is tight. What to do?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Question
Hello Dr XXXXXXX
I am a 29 year old male suffering since late december 2012 from tearing of the skin under the head of the penis it happens during intercourse without protection but with protection a little less but still get the ball of blood because of the friction no matter how wet the sex partner is. Only have vaginal penetrations. The skin around the shaft its tight and not loose. I have not had time to see a doctor yet i was hoping it might go away but it presists. Tried going without sex for 2-3 weeks and same thing happens again. I dont want a circumsision because it means i have to stay home for 2 weeks and cant affort it but i am hoping to get you proffesional opinion first. I will enclose some pictures to.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post and seeing the attached picture, I would like to reassure you that the symptom you are having is due to tight foreskin.
It will loosen gradually with each sexual activity.

You should take care of proper lubrication of both yourself and your partner.
You should avoid sexual activity till the wound heals fully.
Using condom will be beneficial.

You can apply locally antibiotic cream for healing of wound.

If the problem persists again and again, you should go for an opinion by a surgeon.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Suffering from tearing of skin under head of penis during intercourse. Skin around shaft is tight. What to do? 2 hours later
This has been going on for a while. Almost 7 months now.

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 6 hours later
Thanks for your response.

If it is for such a long period(7 months), you should go for a surgeon opinion.
I hope circumcision is not neede as your foreskin is fully retractable, as is clear in the picture.

It seems that you are having a condition called Frenulum breve, in which the elastic band like structure beneath the shaft gets injured during the sexual activity, resulting in bleeding.

You may go for Frenuloplasty, a small surgical procedure for repair of the frenulum.
You can continue working after the procedure, with some precautions.

I hope this answers your query.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Suffering from tearing of skin under head of penis during intercourse. Skin around shaft is tight. What to do? 27 hours later
Following ur advice went to see a doctor at my local health centre. The doctor in charge never even bothered to look at my problem but advised that I get circumcised. She prescribed an antibiotic until I gt a gp and that's it. Needles to say I was a bit disappointed with her assesment and lack of help.

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 11 minutes later

Antibiotic will only prevent added infection,but will not solve the problem you are facing.
I hope surgeon will be of more help in your case than a local health practitioner.

Thanks.