Suffering from systemic lupus erythematosus in dormant phase. Having hair fall and taking treatment. Advise?

Dermatologist
Question
Dear Dr. My wife who was suffering from SLE which is in dormant phase since last 7yrs. She has having consistent hairfall. she started takibg treatment from Dr.Batra Homeopathic. but result is not there. she has protein XXXXXXX diet.she had dandruff problem . some proteins were detected in her uriene. serum feritine is low. esr was 31.
may please advice
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 minutes later
Thanks for the query,
SLE itself can cause hair fall, but in your wife's case, I think its the lack of iron and proteins which is causing more damage.

Detection of protein may indicate renal involvement in SLE.
Please get an ultrasound of kidney done and also a renal function test.

apart from protein she also requires iron supplements.

Dandruff can be controlled by anti fungal shampoos like ketoconazole.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you

Follow-up: Suffering from systemic lupus erythematosus in dormant phase. Having hair fall and taking treatment. Advise? 26 minutes later
kft is normal. lft ok . dandruff no issue. she's taking wheatgerm supplement. iron she is taking. hb normal.pl suggest something

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 36 minutes later
Fine, if these things are normal, treatment for hair fall can be advised.

She can take follihair tablet daily,
It has all the nutrients required for hair growth.
Also she should apply minoxidil lotion, this increases the blood supply to hair and helps in growth.

Feel free to ask any other doubt.

Thank you

Follow-up: Suffering from systemic lupus erythematosus in dormant phase. Having hair fall and taking treatment. Advise? 18 hours later
my wife has taken that medicine. she's taking winofit.autrin and mega omega 3 & 6. she had take keto shampoo. Please advise something else.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 43 minutes later
If follihair has not worked, she can take proanagen tablet.
Along with this minoxidil must be continued.

Problem with any hair fall treatment is that, it shows response only after 3 or 4 months and it must be continued till the time response is desired.

Thank you