Suffering from sweaty hands, numb fingertip and sweat on the forehead. Looking for cure

1. sweaty hands
2. fingertip numbness
3. Sweat on the forehead
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 46 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
The symptoms you have described are not unusual and found in about 1% of young population. First and foremost thing will be to exclude any physical cause and you can show to a local doctor. Your doctor will do a thorough physical examination and get x-ray cervical spine done to exclude cervical spondylosis which can explain Numbness of fingertips.
Excessive sweating -medical term for which is hyperhidrosis-as in you is found most commonly as sweaty palms of the hands. When the body becomes agitated – through physical exertion, extreme temperatures, or stress – the sweat glands release sweat to help cool the body back down to its optimal temperature range.
People who have severe palmar hyperhidrosis experience sweaty palms even when the body should not, for any physiological reason, be trying to cool down. This can cause severe discomfort and embarrassment and can get in the way of performing certain everyday tasks.
Though sweaty palms are treatable through a number of different methods, if stress is the cause that can be tackled by taking a philosophical view of life and following yogic exercises. At times medicines available on prescription like B Blockers (Metoprolol) help.
If these methods fail, at times a person has to undergo, fortunately only rarely a procedure called Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy (Micro ETS) - Ganglion-Sparing, Less Traumatic Surgery Technique. Personally, I feel that you will not need that. If you have any follow up query for me, I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy
Micro ETS surgery is a treatment option for Hyperhidrosis (facial, head, hands, underarms), facial blushing, vascular disorders (Raynaud's Syndrome), causalgia (RSD), and migraine headaches.

Follow-up: Suffering from sweaty hands, numb fingertip and sweat on the forehead. Looking for cure 7 minutes later
Dear Sir,

it just happen recently.
Cold hands/sweaty palms/sweaty forehead
I think its linked together not individual basis conditions.
im been consuming alcohol and smoking.
Does these factors contribute?
Is it serious?
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.
The advice given to you was based on assumption that you are suffering from single disease. My personal feeling is every thing is related to stress. If you can give more details about the following:
Situations when you get these symptoms? What kind of job you do and how you like or dislike the job? How much anxious you are perceived by your peers or family members? How much sensitive you feel you are?
That will help me in zoning in your illness.
To answer your specific question. Yes both smoking and alcohol can produce this. My suggestion will be limit alcohol to not more than 60 ml (40% v/w) in one sitting and limit the sittings. Smoking, my friend, you will have to discontinue. Good Luck.

Dr Anil Grover