Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from suspected uti, back pain and burning sensation while peeling. Suggest some treatment

Hi I am a 29yr old female who is suffering from a suspected uti I have back pain and burning when pee I am due to go abroad on my hols but scared of this pain getting worse whilst out there :( HElP plz
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
You seem to have UTI but blindly treating it with antibiotics is not productive.
Did you have similar symptoms in past also, since how long is the current problem going.
You should get a urine routine examination and culture/sensitivity test to confirm the infection and select the most appropriate time.
It will take at least 3days time.
If you are short of time then best option is Tab. Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice a day for one week.
Avoid milk/milk products within 2hours of this medicine.
Make sure you are not pregnant beforehand.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!