Suffering from stress and anxiety. Developed post knee replacement. Risk of DVT and subsequent PE?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question today.
The procedures that are most likely associated with a predisposition to forming blood clots post-operatively include gynecologic procedures, and orthopedic procedures. The reason you developed a blood clot was because of:
1. Injury to blood vessels that occurs during surgery
2. Slowing of blood in these same vessels that is sometimes the result of how the surgery is done
3. Immobility after the surgery
This might be solely related to the surgery, but you need to go to your primary doctor to have a full workup to determine if you have any other predisposition to blood clotting. In answer to your question, stress and anxiety did not directly lead to the blood clot unless those symptoms had you moving less.
I hope this adequately answers your question. If you have followup questions, please ask. Please take a moment to leave feedback!
People also viewed
- Post op knee replacement
- Post knee replacement and hotness
- Suggest medication post knee replacement
- Headache nausea fatigue numb legs
- How do i get rid of black marks on cheeks cause by type 2 diabetes
- Faint in 5 year olds
- Neck strain and fatigue nausia
- Home remedy for hair removing in new born baby
- Post knee replacement problems
- Feeling nervous inside jittery
- How common is severe dyskaryosis
- How come the pores on my skin are large around lips
- Post op knee replacement pain
- Skinny people fast heartbeats
- How do i exercise with my period wearing a pad