Suffering from stress and anxiety. Developed post knee replacement. Risk of DVT and subsequent PE?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question today.
The procedures that are most likely associated with a predisposition to forming blood clots post-operatively include gynecologic procedures, and orthopedic procedures. The reason you developed a blood clot was because of:
1. Injury to blood vessels that occurs during surgery
2. Slowing of blood in these same vessels that is sometimes the result of how the surgery is done
3. Immobility after the surgery
This might be solely related to the surgery, but you need to go to your primary doctor to have a full workup to determine if you have any other predisposition to blood clotting. In answer to your question, stress and anxiety did not directly lead to the blood clot unless those symptoms had you moving less.
I hope this adequately answers your question. If you have followup questions, please ask. Please take a moment to leave feedback!
People also viewed
- Post op knee replacement
- Post knee replacement and hotness
- Suggest medication post knee replacement
- Emergency stress heart beats and breathing faster
- Shakey hands and anemia
- How long before the effects of propranolol er work
- Cipralex and quetiapine benefits
- Pernicious anemia and delusions
- Heart beating fast randomly then shortness of breath at random?
- Citalopram makes heart skip beat
- Post knee replacement problems
- Sicklcell anemia foodgrade hydrogen peroxide
- What is fistula anemia
- Free nursing journals on anemia
- Post op knee replacement pain