Suffering from stomach pain and loose motion. What treatment should be done?

Stomach Pain and loose Motion since morning 4 times till now watery.32 , 5feet 8Inches, weight 160 lbs and no medical history issue
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

The most likely cause of your symptoms is a viral infection. We refer to this as a viral gastroenteritis.

I would recommend that you consider using Imodium. You can get this over-the-counter from the pharmacy with no problem.

In addition it is also very port that you maintain good hydration until your symptoms improve. As far as your diet is concerned I would recommend a very bland diet including bread rice and toast for the next couple of days until you feel better.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to discuss those with you.

Dr. Robert