Suffering from stomach pain. Feeling relief after stomach exercise. Should I continue the exercise?

Hello doctor
I am suffering from stomach pain from last 4 week. I ussually travel a lot due to that I don't
Get the time to go for medical attention. However I managed to do the sonography but report was normal. I will get relief when I go for stomach excercise. Need ur suggestion Iis that ok to lower the pain I can continue the excercize or take some medical advice.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue exercise and seek medical attention

Detailed Answer:

It is obvious for a person who is a frequent traveller to eat at odd times and eat restaurant food. Do you see white things in the stool? How is your appetite? Do you have fever and body pains as well when you have stomach pain?

Diet and unclean water are the two most important reasons to look at. I suggest you to drink boiled / bottled water, wash hands before and after food. The food that you eat should be very hot. IF not the chances of infection (food and water borne infections) are high. They develop gastritis and irregular diet aggravates it.

If you continue to exercise the health benefits maximize and no doubt about it.

I still suggest you to get a physical done by a local doctor whoever is nearby for which you do not need to take any appointment and does not need more than an hour to spend. It is worth it.

Hope this helps.