Suffering from stomach bloating and feeling uncomfortable. How to get rid of this?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi Doctor,
I am a 25 years old Indian girl. My height is 5 feet 7 inches and weight is 69 kgs. Everyday I am suffering from stomach bloating. I am taking lots of fruits and vegetable and also drinking lots of water. I am feeling uncomfortable all day. Can you please tell me whats the reason for this and how to get rid of this.
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

This could be because of hyperacidity

Here are few tips to follow :

1] Avoid spicy, fermented meals
2] Do not have heavy meals
3] Avoid smoking and alcohol
4] Wear loose clothes
5] Do not stoop
6] Do not lift heavy weights
7] Raise the head end of your bed
8] If Obese lose weight
9] If under stress - Manage stress levels by meditation and exercise

Also take a probiotic twice a day for seven to ten days

Hope this helps
Do not hesitate to write back in case of doubts
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
Follow-up: Suffering from stomach bloating and feeling uncomfortable. How to get rid of this? 16 hours later
Thanks for the help.

I have to ask something to you. I want to loose at least 5 kgs. Because of my hectic schedule now it's not possible for me to exercise. I am following a perticular diet that I am sharing with you:

8:00 AM- Musali +Curd

10:00 AM- XXXXXXX Tea

2:00 PM- Roti+Daal

5:00 PM- XXXXXXX Tea+Snacks

8:00 PM- 1 XXXXXXX

9:00 PM- Salad(cucumber+carrot+tomato etc)

I am following this diet from past 4 weeks. I lost 1 kg in first week but after that my weight is constant. Please suggest me something. And one more thing I have heard that sometimes lots of fiber is one of the reasons for stomach bloating. Since I am a vegetarian I cant avoid fruits and salad. What should I change in my diet to reach my goal of loosing 5 kg?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 hours later

Describing a full diet schedule is out of scope of any forum

Yet your diet appears Ok, if you are not able to loose weight start exercising regularly or join aerobics

Salad eaten raw may cause bloating in some patients if not chewed properly , you can used them as cooked vegetable they will give you adequate fiber

Hope this helps
Wishing you a healthy life ahead