Suffering from stomach aches, headaches, diarrhea and vomiting. Any treatment?

Nov 2013

sicknessme and my friends are having stomach aches headaches diarrhea. and we have been vomiting all nite. we want to know if its the flu or some airborne virus.
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 51 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The symptoms you have described are suggestive of infective diarrhoea, most likely due to viral infection.

As of now, you can start symptomatic treatment- replenishing the lost fluids (with intake of juice, water, etc), use of anti-emetics to stop vomiting (ondansetron), and lomotil to stop loose stools.

You should get better in a day or two. If not, you can consult a doctor, and get the stool examination done.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM