Suffering from stomach ache, chest pain, back pain and constipation. Required treatment?

General Surgeon
Question
Hello Doctor
I am 43 years old male. I had sometimes stomach ache a few days ago, gases is not passing. movement in lower right stomach, constipation(hard motions), intermittent chest pain, sometimes back pain for 10-15 mins then release that pain
I do not have any report on right pain but when i consulted with Dr (MD -Internal medicine) 2 weeks back he perscribed some medicines for 5 days course as below
cap-Panpure -DSR
Cap-Dysmen
Tab- Setragyl (300mg)
Tab-Librax
After taking the perscribed medicines during that period say for 10 days i feel some relief but again same prob started from last 1 week.
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 48 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

You have mentioned so many symptoms that without diagnostics it will be very hard to tell what are you suffering from.
Stomach ache, chest pain and back ache can all be caused by gallstones and pancreas diseases. It is also possible that peptic ulcer can give such symptoms.
Lower right pain and back pain can be caused by urinary tract stones. Such pain associated with constipations and gas blockage can be caused by some large intestine diseases like polyps, cancer, inflammatory diseases (Crohn`s disease, ulcerative colitis).
As you can see there is a lot to rule out. It is advisable for you to start with: abdominal ultrasound, full blood work with liver enzymes (AST,ALT,GGTP) and pancreas enzymes (amylase), bilirubin blood level, urine tests, stool tests for fecal occult blood.
Depending of this tests results upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy may be necessary if no findings.
When the chest pain appears it is strongly advisable to have heart condition checked with ECG and icheamic enzymes.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from stomach ache, chest pain, back pain and constipation. Required treatment? 13 minutes later
Any immediate help on constipation, what is your openion on that medicine where Dr suggetsed... 2-3 weeks back

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Hello!

Medicines prescribed by your doctor may be good when knowing what are you dealing with. Otherwise such treatment is pointless.
If your constipation lasts for a few days without stool and complete gas blockage, your abdomen has gotten bigger and you have nausea this might be intestines blockage and needs to be treated as soon as possible.
Immediate help for cnstipations may be hard if this lasts for a long time. You can try Biacodylum (Dulcolax), Lactulose (Generlac), Metoclopramidum (Metocontin), drink more mineral water and increase physical activity.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from stomach ache, chest pain, back pain and constipation. Required treatment? 11 minutes later
Thank you DR. I will go for abdomen sonography by tomorrow...and let you the update...

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later
Hello!

I`m looking forward to hearing from you.