Suffering from stomach ache, back pain, constipation and mucus in stool. What is the problem?

ihi i have been gettin bad stomach and aback pains loose stools or constipation mucus in stools. had ultra sound not gall stones
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Mucus is a clear, white, or yellow substance with the consistency of jelly that is produced by the mucus membrane of the large intestine. Stool normally contains a small amount of mucus.
It will be nice of you if you mention the duration of the symptoms.
I think it might be due to Gastroenteritis. I advice you avoid spicy food, alcohol and smoking. To reduce acidity and pain it will be better if you take proton pump inhibitor medication. It is available as over the counter medication, it should be taken empty stomach early morning once daily for 7 days.
I advice you to follow this conservative approach it should address all your symptom, if the symptoms persists more than 3 days or the severity increases i advice you to see physician for through examination and exact diagnosis.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Suffering from stomach ache, back pain, constipation and mucus in stool. What is the problem? 1 hour later
this has been happening over 3 months now, i also feel sick and have really bad headaches dont know if this related.
I have a rectocele could this be related??
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later

I am sorry for a late reply.

Rectocoele is related however we also need to investigate other causes of loose stools and mucus in the stool. This condition can add mucus to the stool. What grade is rectocoele? Was any treatment advised for it?

Dehydration is principal cause of headache, constipation. Rectocoele is worsening these conditions. You should consider taking coconut water, plain water with salt and sugar.

It is better to get a further follow up done by the surgeon about the rectocoele.

Thank you. Hope I answered your query.