Suffering from stomach ache and irritable bowel movement. Do I need medication?

Me, my husband and my daughter seemed to have all the same stomach problem lately. We have adominal cramps a couple times a day and have to use the bathroom. When we go the stool seems shredded and floats. My husband also has gas but my daughter and I do not. Is this something that will go away on its own or do we need medication to cure it. How long will it last. We have no other symptoms than what I described.
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

It seems that your family is having some problem with diet or water sanitation most probably worm infestation. send your stool examination for stool R/E to find out the problem and if till the symptoms do not settles or if there is some finding in the reports then visit to the doctor is recommended.

If you still have some queries, feel free to contact