Suffering from staph infection. Getting itchy and red bumps. How to get relief?

Dermatologist
Question
I keep getting these breakout like a staph infection, I had one before but they itchy. The bumps get real red when stretched and they leave a XXXXXXX nothing big they kinda look as if there going to fade away but you can still see them , like I keep thinking it lupums or something
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 51 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The bumps you are describing can be folliculitis, papular urticaria, urticaria, dermatophyte infection, etc. It does not suit the rashes of Lupus.

Lupus is caused by disturbances of immunity. It causes rashes in photo exposed parts of body like face. Also it causes hair loss, oral ulcers, joint pains, breathlessness, anemia etc.
Do you have any of the above?

Have you ever been tested for Anti nuclear antibodies (ANA)?

If you can upload the photos of the affected area, it would be good to predict the condition.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.”

Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject line as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Answer the above questions and upload photos to guide you further.

Anticipating your reply...

DrSudarshan

Follow-up: Suffering from staph infection. Getting itchy and red bumps. How to get relief? 23 hours later
It causes rashes in photo exposed parts of body like face. Also it causes hair loss, oral ulcers, joint pains, breathlessness, anemia etc.I do but I was all so dianose with PTSD and I caught herpes when I was younger but I dont really have outbreaks anymore

Hi again,

I've gone through images. The second image does not show any abnormality.They do not show any lesions suggestive of lupus.

More or less, it looks like papular urticaria.

Also, do you have hair loss, oral ulcers, joint pains, breathlessness, anemia?

Have you been tested for Anti nuclear antibodies (ANA)? If yes, What was the result?

As of now, there are no skin lesions suggestive of lupus.

Please upload more images and answer the above questions to allow me to help you better.

Regards.

DrSudarshan.

Follow-up: Suffering from staph infection. Getting itchy and red bumps. How to get relief? 1 hour later
so what should i do

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 23 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for writing back to us.

You can apply calamine lotion over the itchy areas.Also you can take antihistaminic tablet like Tab. Zyrtec once a day for itching.

Also visit your nearest general practitioner or a dermatologist for physical check up and examination of skin lesions.

Also get checked for Anti nuclear antibodies (ANA) to rule out Lupus in your case.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Regards.
DrSudarshan