Ask a Homeopath   »  

Suffering from stammering. Having low confidence problem. Suggest some medication

ENT Specialist
hello sir, i am sufeering from stammering (sttutering) since last 4-5 years. please help me. i think i have a low confidence problem. i can speak fluently when i am alone but whenever it comes to speak in public my situation gets just worse. not a simple word comes out of my mouth. please also tell me if meditation can help or not or any other ayurvedic medicine. please help me sir
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later

Stuttering is one of the common speech disorders. Stuttering can affect anyone; it is common in young children. Boys are three times more likely to stutter than girls. As they grow, most of the children stop stuttering.

Stuttering is mainly categorized into developmental, neurological and psychological. Psychological is the commonest cause of stuttering problem in adult males. In your case, it could be the psychological problem rather than neurological.

To be XXXXXXX there is no medicine in Allopathy, Homeopathy or Ayurveda. To have a comprehensive and reliable diagnosis you should get examined by a well-qualified Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP). The gold standard treatment is speech therapy and counseling with a clinical psychologist.

The speech therapy will be in the form of 'Fluency shaping therapy' and 'Stuttering modification therapy', both of these will help in overcoming the fear of stuttering and you will become normal.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon