Suffering from spinal cord pain, taking long breath is painful. Suggest?

Past few months I am suffering in Spinal cord pain, if I will take long breath its paining alot even I cann't tolerate. I have checked in Vydehi Hospital but they had given me some tablets and ointment check for 20 days. If the pain will not reduce we will give you the injection in to the spine and I didn't go after 20 days to check up. I am doing some normal exercise but still the pain is there. I need some suggest from spine specialist.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
An MRI is needed

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Orthopedics, working with an experienced Spine surgeon. I answer on his behalf.

I suggest you to get a MRI scan of the lower back done first. taking injections into the spine without identifying the cause or the pain and the severity of the disease is XXXXXXX

The most probable cause is scoliosis or slip disc both of them are not treated with injections in the spine.

Do take care that inadvertent use of medication is avoided.