Suffering from speech disturbance. Are these symptoms of aphasia?

Hi. I am having problems slurring words, saying the wrong words, knowing what to say but I can't say it and feel a constant pressure on the top of my head like i am wearing a tight hat. I am seeing a neurologist monday after being referred by my family doctor. Are these symptoms of aphasia?
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The speech disturbance you mention do make me suspicious of a type of Aphasia called Expressive aphasia (non-fluent aphasia), also known as Broca's aphasia.

Here the person does face difficulty in expressing the words. Slurring speech is very typically seen in this condition.

Do proceed to consult the neurologist, he after examination would be able to ascertain the diagnosis.

Hope I answered your query. Please do ask doubts, if any.