Suffering from sore throat and cough, took erythromycin. Heart beat raised with poking sensation and tiredness. Suggest?

I am suffering from soar throat and cough,So i took a tablet calle erythromicin from a medical shop suggested by them .I took yest night and my heart beat suddenly raised along with poking sensation started.Is it something it has stopped but little tirdeness in body.Kindlyu assist.
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take medicine only under Doctor's advise

Detailed Answer:

I understand you had difficulty after taking erythromycin. It is an antibiotic. Please take medications only under the guidance of a doctor who has examined you. The difficulty you experienced does not seem to be an effect of erythromycin. But, yes,, there can be changes from person to person. Since the symptoms have disappeared, I do not think that you need to worry.

Please do the following to get better regarding water. Avoid drinking anything cold.
- Warm saline gargles, at least 3-4 times a day.
- Steam inhalation with Cap. Karvol Plus dissolved in the water.
- Tab. Celin 500mg (Vitamin C) 3 times daily for one week.
- If the chest congestion is more, then you may need to visit your family physician for a check up and appropriate medications.

Hope I had been able to help you. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Suffering from sore throat and cough, took erythromycin. Heart beat raised with poking sensation and tiredness. Suggest? 12 hours later
thanks allot,Will take the prescribed medicine.:)
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are Welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting me. If you do not have any further queries regarding the same issue, please close, rate and review the discussion.

Thanks & Regards