Suffering from sore throat and blockage in one nose. What am I suffering from?

ENT Specialist
Question
Dear Doctor/s,

I am suffering from Sore Throat from the last one month. I am not getting any pain from it but when I sleep my left side or right side nose (According to body sleeping posture) stops getting oxygen therefore some time I am facing snore. Request you to please help me on this.
XXXXXX
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 1 hour later
Hello
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon
On the basis of the information provided it appears you have a problem in your nose of throat. It may be because of allergy or recurrent infection in nose and throat.
Common causes of such complaints are hypertrophy of the nasal tirbinates or nasal polyps. I would advise you for a ENT consultation, nasal endoscopy and laryngoscopy to resolve the issue. If the findings are suggestive of nasal cause you may alos require a CT scan of nose and sinuses. Snoring can alsobe seen with these symptoms. If you are overweight plan for a weight loss and a ENT consultation. For medication I can suggest a nose drop (Otrivin) 2 drops in both nostril at bed time. It will provide you some relief in symptoms till you plan a ENT consultation. Please do not use this drop for long term as it has sideeffects too.
I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma

Follow-up: Suffering from sore throat and blockage in one nose. What am I suffering from? 6 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion & prescription. I would like to highlight that am under weight. I have 6 fit hight (180 Inc) and 62kg weight.

Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 3 hours later
Hello
Thanks for a follow up of your query
On the basis of the information provided I would say that weight is not a issue here so you will need a ENT cause to look for the cause of blockade in upper airway at the level of nose and throat.
I hope this answers your query. Feel free to contact me if you require more information about it
with regards
Ravinder Sharma

Follow-up: Suffering from sore throat and blockage in one nose. What am I suffering from? 10 hours later
Hi Sir,

Thanks for your answer. Can you please suggest any consultants or a doctor in Gurgaon to whom i should get consult.

Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 6 hours later
Hello
Thanks for the follow up query
It is difficult to pin point on one ENT surgeon. But i can advise you to visit MEDANTA department of ENT. You will get the appropriate opinion there. I am based in Meerut in one of the medical college and serving as Professor in ENT. If you wish to drive down to meerut I can help you out. In case you plan to drop down to meerut please inform me in advance so that I can plan for examination and tests on one day

I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma