Suffering from sleep apnea. On CPAP medicine. Suggest some effective medicine

Hi, I am patient of sleep apnea. Approx. 1 year back i got my sleep study done and my AHI was 90. Doctor has prescribed me CPAP machine and i started using that since then regularly. Now i am addicted to CPAP machine and unable to sleep without the support of machine. Without machine, my sleep gets disturbed the moment i start snoring. Now problem is i have to travel to US next week and I can't use my CPAP machine in the airplane. Request you to please suggest me some spray or any other medicines which can help me in sleeping in airplane without snoring otherwise it will be very embarrassing for me apart from poor sleep. I have to attend critical meeting just after reaching US and i want to look fresh in that. I hope that i am able to explain my problem. Please feel free to write me back if any additional detail is required. Thank you very much in advance!
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from very severe OSA (AHI of 90 at the start). Thus it is highly recommended that you should not discontinue your cpap even for a day.

2. No local medicine can replace cpap and you need to continue the cpap device regularly.

3. You need to contact the airlines authority well in advance and tell them regarding this and an arrangement can be made. Only thing is that you need to carry a dry power battery pack to power the cpap device on board.

4. Below is a list of airline companies that permit the use of CPAP in flight – based on information available by navigation of their websites.
British Airways
Air New Zealand
Air Maritius
Israel El Al Airline
Northwest Airlines
Singapore Airlines
Japan Airlines
Cathay Pacific
Air Canada
Air Transit

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist