Suffering from skin rash. Prescribed Triamcinolone. Nothing cures. What to do?

Dec 2012

I've been suffering from skin rash like rd connecting dots that look like small blisters for sometime . I have tried using the prescribed Triamcinolone as well as corn starch and zinc oxide. Nothing cures it. These meds hel like for an hour or so with the pain but nothing heals. What do I do?
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to be treated for more specific

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting,

You need to be treated for a more specific skin diseases rather than general topical lotions such as triamcinolone. If the skin rashes are of fungi, viral, parasitic, protozoal or underlying diseases origin it will have to be treated first before the rash can be cleared. Skin rashes can originate directly from the skin due to infection or allergy or irritant (like sun) or from underlying diseases condition like an autoimmune diseases, kidney diseases, hormonal dysfunction etc.
You could try using benzyl benzoate lotion, apply for about 48 hours see if you get some relief. Antifungi creams such as ketokonazole cream could also be helpful for fungi.
Blood work to identify if there is kidney diseases, hormone disorder, autoimmune diseases etc could be done.
Itchy rashes due to aging could be problematic and could be of psychogenic origin, meaning you will need some medications to work with your nervous system to get your some relief such as tricyclic antidepressants e.g amitriptyline.
If you have not yet seen a dermatologist, I suggest you book an appointment to see one.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah