Suffering from sinus, scared to do get operated. Suggest other method to get relief?

Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
Hello DR. This is XXXXXXX i am suffering from synas for more than 5yrs. but i am scaring to do operation. can i bring this to control without do operation. oterwise if i go for operation. will it harm in future? how much expensive it will be? kindly advise me.
thank you.....
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 22 hours later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX

I am Dr Sriram Nathan, an ENT surgeon practising in Bangalore who has performed more than a thousand sinus surgeries with good results.

I understand your concern regarding sinus surgery and let me assure you that in good hands and with proper follow up you will have a good post operative result and recovery

The chief determinants in sinus surgery are these:
1. Your chief symptoms, if your symptoms are nose block and headache then this can be certainly cured by sinus surgery. If your chief complaint is sneezing and nose discharge then in addition you need to take medications for proper control of symptoms
2. Stage of disease, if your sinusitis is mild as evidenced by CT and endoscopy then I shall recommend just mediation while for more advanced stages of sinusitis I would recommend surgery

about the surgery as such
1. A fairly simple procedure done under general anaesthesia
2. Done with the latest equipments like endoscopes
3. Done withinin the nose so no scar or shape change
4. We will clear the sinus, correct any septal deformity or deviation and trim the turbinates if enlarged
5. Recovery period five day with hospitalisation for two days
6. Minimum three regular follow ups which is the most important part of the procedure where the doctor can do regular monitoring and clean up
7. Cost in my hospital (narayana health ) is in the range of 30 to 35k

your doubts in whether to compulsory do the surgery
1. Medications can only give temporary relief for nose block and headache
2. Only surgery can give you permanent relief from nose block and sinus headache
3. If you do the surgery early then the recovery will be better along with your symptom relief though it is not an emergent surgery
4. The surgery does not have any long term side effects so you do not have to worry about the same

if you have any more doubts you can always contact me

Dr Sriram Nathan
Follow-up: Suffering from sinus, scared to do get operated. Suggest other method to get relief? 1 hour later
Hello DR, i am XXXXXXX could you give me your contact number and hospital address.
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 10 minutes later

you can contact me on 0000

I am working in XXXXXXX multispeciality hospital, plot no 3 and 4, sadarmangala industrial area, whitefield main road, opposite ITPL main gate,

mahadevapura post, Bangalore 0000 on Tuesday , Thursday and Saturday 9 am to 5 pm

and also XXXXXXX multispeciality hospital, HSR layout opposite HSR club on mon, wed and fri 9 am to 5 pm

you can also check out my profile in the website for further information

Dr Sriram Nathan
Follow-up: Suffering from sinus, scared to do get operated. Suggest other method to get relief? 14 minutes later
I will discuss with my family then i let you know.. Thank you so much DR
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome to contact me anytime

Don't worry about the surgery

Dr Sriram Nathan