Suffering from sinus infection and Asthma. Whom should I consult?

ENT Specialist
My wife is suffering from sinus infection and Ashthma (mild).. now she is having cold due to that she is not able to hear properly... Which doctor to should i go?
Should i consult to Chest specialist or to ENT (Ear nose throat).... Please suggest
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. You should consult an ENT Specialist.

2. A cold may lead to blockage of the Eustachian Tube which connects the ear to the nose.

3. This may lead to a pressure change or fluid build-up in the middle ear leading to decreased hearing.

4. Medication such as anti-allergic, decongestants and mucolytics along with steam inhalation and decongestant nasal drops will help.

5. Her sinusitis may be treated later.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.