Suffering from sinus congestion, chest congestion and low oxygen level. Now on anti-depressants. Treat congestion and stress?

Pulmonologist
Question
Hi - I am a 48 year old female. I have been suffering from sinus congestion for 3 months and chest congestion for 2 months. My oxygen level is so low that I breathe heavy just by standing up. I am under severe stress and have been for the last 5 years and even more so this year. I was not on any medication prior to that. I am now on 2 antidepressants, 1 anxiety med, 2 HBP meds,and 2 sleeping aids. I was in an accident November 3rd and flipped my SUV. Nothing broken but very XXXXXXX tissue bruising. Is anything related? Also, please tell me how to clear this chest congestion! I have been on antibiotics twice and steroids once. Help me... And, NO, I'm not making any of this up. My life is this bad. LOL Thanks!
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 35 minutes later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

From your history, I understand that you are suffering from sinusitis and breathlessness since 2 months.

I would like to know the following details:

1. Is this the 1st time that you are having sinus problem and breathlessness?
2. Do you have any other chest complaint like cough, chest pain , fever?
3. What is your exact oxygen level if you have had it tested (oxygen saturation)?
4. Do you have previous history of allergy, breathlessness , recurrent cold or any other chest disease in the past?
5. Did you get yourself investigated for these symptoms? If yes then please mention the reports eg. Chest xray, CT chest, blood investigations.
6. Please mention your weight?
7. Other than antibiotics and steroids have you ever used inhalers?
8. Did you ever get your pulmonary function tests done?
9. Does any one in you family have any history of chest complaints?
10. Do you have trickling sensation in your throat?

Please do let me know the details so that I can advise accordingly.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Gyan Mishra
MBBS MD DNB