Suffering from sinus and sneezing. Operated for increased nose bone and sinus. Reoccurs after stopping medicines. Further treatment?

ENT Specialist
i have been suffering from Sinus since long appx 10 years and been operated once in 2006 by Dr XXXXXXX Monga an ENT specialist in Delhi...T that time he also operated me for thr incresed nose bone and sinus together.Now I am suffering from the same problem which includes Sneezes 24x7, Running Nose24x7.I have consulted Dr Dang and Dr JM hans(Both ENT speacialists) but no change happens.Till the time i am on their medicines, i feels fine but after stopping medicine, same scenario happens.My last doctor prescribed me 5 medicines for the last shot which are Tavanic 500mg, Omnacortil 40-20 mg, Vizilac, Celin-vitamin c and montek lc..Now, dr XXXXXXX have told me that i have to undergo for the operation again and he will again cut the increased nose bone along with sinus.I am facing a severe problem that my weight is increasing at a very high rate and for that i am gyming more and more but less results are coming.For the same reason i have started taking Tavanic and omnacortil20 mg 4 days and then i keeps myself on vizilac, Montec lc and celin for long till the same problem comes again...
Sir, hope to hear positive from you for the weight as well as sinus and increased bone..
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Review CT,Steroid nasal spray,Thyroid test

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Comparing a new plain Sinus CT with any previous Sinus CT along with the clinical and operative notes may help understand the changes in the nose and sinuses.

2. Request your doctor to start a Steroid nasal spray for at least two weeks. One of the reasons for your weight gain might be the oral steroids (Omnacortil-prednisolone)

3. Get your Thyroid Function Tests done to rule out Hypothyroidism.

4. Upload these test results and CT images for further advice.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.