Suffering from shoulder pain, unable to raise arm above head. Looking for cure

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i am suffering pain in my left schoulder for a period of 30 days,i am unable to raise my arm above my head.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and Welcome to XXXXXXX

Although it isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination and a few tests, your history is suggestive of Adhesive capsulitis(Frozen shoulder) or Calcific tendonitis.

These conditions are easily managed by regular physiotherapy ( Range of motion exercices,stretching and strengthening exercises). Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with this condition.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician nearby for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Your doctor after diagnosing the condition might refer to you a physical therapist.A physical therapist can teach you stretching exercises to help maintain as much mobility in your shoulder as possible

Hope this helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Follow-up: Suffering from shoulder pain, unable to raise arm above head. Looking for cure 14 hours later
Dr.Sir,I have been advised for shoulder Orthoscopy for treatment of my ailment to remove the fragment,it is said that it could be done in one month or in a year period.Mean time Tab.Tendocare has been priscribed BD for a month.I feel electric shock like sensation in my shoulder joint when i do some work.Kinndly let me know, is there any risk of permnent damage in orthoscopy,and is there any alternate treatment for the ailment?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 22 hours later
Thanks for posting your query again

I have gone through the MRI report attached.
Arthroscopy is a noninvasive procedure. There is no risk of permanent damage. It is good procedure for both diagnostic and therapeutic.

Alternate treatment is physiotherapy. I suggest you to go for physiotherapy and shoulder exercises. These will helps you a lot.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon.