Suffering from shortness of breath. Having congenital heart disease and arthritis. Taking prednisone

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
I HAVE CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE AND MY FLUIDS BUILD UP CAUSING SHORTNESS OF BREATH
I TAKE PREDNISONE 5MG FOR ARTHRITIS -- MY ARTHRITIS HURT REAL BAD THE OHER DAY SO I TOOK 10MG OF PREDNISONE, AND WITHIN A FEW HOURS MY SHORTNESS OF BREATH CHANGED FOR THE BETTER MARKEDLY. WHAT HAPPENED? IT LASTED ABOUT 36-48 HOURS I AM 80 YEARS OLD
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders

Answered by Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma 9 hours later

Thank you for your query.

In order to answer your question better, I need to know a few more details.

1. What is the exact diagnosis of congenital heart disease?

2. Can you upload your latest ECG (electrocardiogram), echo report and if possible, chest x-ray image to the query page?

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

3. What is the serum uric acid level?

4. Do you also have any respiratory illnesses or allergic problems?

Awaiting your response.

With regards,
DR RS Varma