Suffering from sexual exhaustion symptoms. What could be the reason for shrinking testicles?

Hi, I recently turned 32 and I've been suffering from sexual exhaustion symptoms all my adult life and somewhat in my adolescent years as a result of masturbating. Last year I stopped masturbating to see if I could recover but it seems as though I got worse. My libido has dropped drastically, I feel tired, disconnected, and now my testicles are shrunken. Also I've pretty much gone on a vegan diet to see if I can clean up my system. I don't know what's happening to my body but I'm very worried. I've been to a few doctors and they prescribe the usual medicines for ED and I get no answers or prognosis. Why are my testicles shrinking?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Likely to be low testosterone levels. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The symptoms that you have described - low libido, tiredness, shrunken testis, etc are all likely to be due to decreased testosterone levels n your body. A simple blood test will help in identifying this problem. Since your problem is likely to be a hormonal related problem, it is best to get yourself evaluated by an endocrinologist for proper treatment. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Suffering from sexual exhaustion symptoms. What could be the reason for shrinking testicles? 32 minutes later
Do you know the prognosis for these types of issues in young males? I read that hormonal replacement therapy is detrimental to the bodies natural ability to produce testosterone and could most likely lead to sterility. I never had this issue until a few months ago. I was doing ok except that I noticed I had some prostate discomfort and tightening but testicular shrinkage is one that has caught me by surprise. I truly do not know what to do. I eat a very healthy diet, I've lost a lot of weight, and I thought I was on the way to recovery and a healthy lifestyle.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be treated. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. This can be resolved with proper testosterone supplements according the severity of deficiency that you have. The regular supplementation decreases the natural synthesis of testosterone but it resumes back to normal once you gradually taper off the therapy. Your endocrinologist will guide you properly regarding this. Do continue having a healthy diet and a regular exercise like aerobics to naturally increase the secretion of these hormones. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards