Suffering from severe stomach pain. No proper treatment given Suspect kidney stone. Suggestions

General Surgeon
My name is XXXXXXX S and my mother name is XXXXXX. S. I'm raising this query on behalf of my mother health. My mother use to suffer severe stomach pain 3 to 4 times in a year. For this problem we use consult a Dr. Selvakumar, Surgical Gastroenterologist in Chennai. Here my issue is she is not been cured permanently whenever the stomach pain comes Dr uses to give some medicines and she will be cured on that time. After some time again the issue use to start for her. In recent time she faces severe pain so that she was admitted in the hospital, the hospital discharge summary is enclosed herewith for your reference. Now Dr. is saying that this could be stone in kidney. I request you to examine the result and let me know what is the reason for pain. And also I'd like to know what to do in future and how to proceed the matter further for permanent cure. I'm waiting for your valuable suggestion in this regard.
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 7 hours later
As per your query,your mother has abdominal pain.
There are many causes of abdominal pain like Gastritis,kidney stones,Infection of gut etc.
I am unable to see the discharge summary.I could only see the medications she was prescribed.
Kidney stones are easily diagnosed by simple test like Ultrasound abdomen.
IF the ultrasound showed stone in the kidney,then it could be the cause of pain.The pain will be in flanks.Sometimes,the pain radiates down and goes to the back also.
The medicines that were prescribed are for all types of pain.But,there is no treatment for dissolution of kidney stone.
I request you to send me the latest ultrasound abdomen report and all investigation reports.
If kidney stone is seen in ultrasound,she has to be given tablet CYSTONE .
If you come back with above reports,i will clarify further