Suffering from severe itching around anus. Using sapat lotion. How to get rid of this?

I am 32 years old software engineer and had suffered from a very severe Itching around thighs (near private parts) 2 years ago and the skin turning dark black and spreading .Using medicines like sapat lotion itching is in control but i wanna get rid of black skin as my wife is uncomfortable with this. ,

Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

You seem to have repeated episodes of intertrigo. This is combined bacterial and fungal infection of the skin.

Because of repeated episodes of intertrigo you have got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Please stop using sapat lotion. That will not be of much help.

You can apply candid cream on the area twice a day whenever you get itching.

For the dark marks, they will become lighter with time. You can apply glycolic acid 6% cream on it for one hour daily for two weeks
Please keep the area clean and dry.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.