Suffering from severe headache. Which specialist should I consult?

sir gud morning, this XXXXXXX my wife aged 36 is suffering frm severe headache(she has migrane) , not only u treat her.. but evn kindly pls suggest a good doc who deals migrane in Kolkata
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later

I appreciate your concern for your wife. Migraine is a common cause of headache.

Migraine is often treated by simple analgesic like Paracetamol and if it is associated nausea and vomiting, it can be combined with antiemetics.

There are new drugs for pain like sumatriptan that may be used, if required.

If the attacks of migraine are frequent, then preventive therapy like topiramate, valproate, or Beta-blocker may be given.

You need to consult Neuro Physician for proper prescription.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
In the mean time, you take care to take proper sleep, and avoid chocolate, cheese.

Hope this information is helpful to you and if you have any further query please ask I will be happy to assist.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D