Suffering from severe headache. Permanent solution for migraine?
User rating for this question
My wife has been suffering from migraine/savior headache. We consulted many famous specialist doctors but no luck.
Do you have any permanent solution for migraine ? if yes, Could you suggest the same.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 5 hours later
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern
Migraine generally is not a serious disease of the brain and the good news is that it very rarely can cause complication. It generally improves with time. There is no single tablet that can eradicate migraine, had it been so I would not have suffered from migraine for the last 25 years. But if she follows certain basics, she will have improvement and will feel better.
During an acute attack: medications that helps are naproxen, indomethacin, ibuprofen, sumatriptan, sumatriptan nasal spray etc.
Medications that helps during the chronic phase are topiramate, valproate,amitryptiline.
Apart from medications, she should identify the stress factor which improves migraine for example watching TV for a long time, working before the computer for a long time, coffee etc. Try to avoid the precipitating factor.
Let me know if you need any additional information
People also viewed
- Tension headache and burping
- Headache and dizzy eye vessel burst
- Burnt smell in nose with headaches
- Suffering from severe headache with fever
- Suffering from severe headache permanent solution for migraine
- Developed severe headache with flu like symptoms migraine
- Migraines severe headaches dizziness loss of memory cure for symptoms
- Headache upset stomach burping chills
- Suffer from severe headache and nausea migraine or causalgia
- Is meftal spas good for periods stomach pain
- Soframycin good for pimple marks
- Headache in temples burning rubber smell
- Is good for a pregnant woman to have non reactive vdrl
- Is neosporin good for scalp
- Nido powder milk is good for pregnancy