Suffering from severe headache. Permanent solution for migraine?

Question

My wife has been suffering from migraine/savior headache. We consulted many famous specialist doctors but no luck.

Do you have any permanent solution for migraine ? if yes, Could you suggest the same.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 5 hours later

Thanks for the query
I understand your concern

Migraine generally is not a serious disease of the brain and the good news is that it very rarely can cause complication. It generally improves with time. There is no single tablet that can eradicate migraine, had it been so I would not have suffered from migraine for the last 25 years. But if she follows certain basics, she will have improvement and will feel better.
During an acute attack: medications that helps are naproxen, indomethacin, ibuprofen, sumatriptan, sumatriptan nasal spray etc.
Medications that helps during the chronic phase are topiramate, valproate,amitryptiline.
Apart from medications, she should identify the stress factor which improves migraine for example watching TV for a long time, working before the computer for a long time, coffee etc. Try to avoid the precipitating factor.
Let me know if you need any additional information
Best wishes