Suffering from severe hair fall. Not cured by homeopathic medicine. Suggest some effective cure

Dermatologist
Question
sir... iam very much irritated with my hairfall....iam very closer to my baldness....and my age is just 20...and many of my family members too have baldness..even to my dad,uncle,grandpaa,,,..i think its due to heredity..but iam mostly trying to avoid my baldness...i even gone medicated with dr..batras an homeopathetic medicine upto 1 yr.....till then i did not satisfy with homeopathy...iam humbly requesting u too give the right choice to prevent my hairfall....

Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later
Hi!,

Thank you for posting your query,

You probably are suffering from ANDROGENTIC ALOPECIA,common type of patterned hair loss.This is a familial condition where in one gradually looses frontal hair .
I would like to share with you that if your family members also have the same patter (as you mentioned ) then ,there is very high chance that you would also get the same pattern.And there is no permanent cure for this except surgery(hair transplantation ) . But with proper medication you can delay the process of baldness may be by few years. Allopathy has a lot to give you in this .

You can first try minoxidil sol 5% or 10% topically directly applied to scalp. Along with this there are medicines like finestride 1 mg & biotin which are helpful .Before taking this you should be under a regular guidance of a dermatologist .These are very effective medicine but has to be taken for long time. Apart from this there are lasers for hair growth (FDA APPROVED) which needs to be taken at regular intervals . Then there is MESO-THERAPY, which are tiny injections given directly on the scalp for growth.These medications would only help in case of hair loss & not if baldness has already set in. Iron ,zinc , copper & amino acid replacement also helps a lot.

As you mentioned that you are approaching baldness then you can plan for hair transplantation also as this is the only permanent method for the same .But since you are only 20 yrs old I suggest you wait for few years more to be suitable for hair transplantation .Meanwhile you can follow the above medical therapy by any good dermatologist in your city.Hair transplantation is the only permanent cure for baldness.In this grafted hair would grow thick and long .

Apart from the above medical therapy, improve your diet with XXXXXXX leafy veg, fresh fruits, plenty of water, pulses, high protein diet, avoid items with high sugar content like sweets & chocolates, less of Chinese foods, less of pizza & burgers ,more of milk & ghee, dry fruits . Good sleep also has a important role to play . This would help prevent hair fall.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.

Follow-up: Suffering from severe hair fall. Not cured by homeopathic medicine. Suggest some effective cure 33 hours later
minoxidil sol 5% ...how should i use this medicine ???

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 14 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for writing back,

You can start with minoxidil (10%) also instead of 5% solution provided you don't get headache with it.It has to be used 10 drops(1ml) on the scalp root twice a day (morning & night).Gently massage the scalp following application .

Hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Suffering from severe hair fall. Not cured by homeopathic medicine. Suggest some effective cure 4 hours later
So..after applicating every time ..how should i take my headbath..and after how many days again i should apply the medicine...plz give detailed info abt usage

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 18 hours later
Hi!,

Minoxidil (10%) solution should be used daily for at-least 3- 4 months .It has to be applied after a head bath so that the solution stays on scalp for a good 6 hrs.It can again be used in night over scalp.

After 3 months you can switch over to minoxidil 5% solution .One should also use other tablets along-with which can be prescribed by a dermatologist only.These are tablets like finestride ,biotin,amino acids etc.These are not over the counter medicines and should be taken under dermatologist supervision only.You can get these drugs prescribed from your dermatologist after his consultation.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.