Suffering from severe hair fall. How to get relief from this?

hello ,
I am facing exceptionally high hair fall... while i anoint my scalp with oil nearly 500 hair falls... followed by 500 when i wash my hair with shampoo followed by hair fall once again during combing... i wash my hair once in 5 days or 7 days... even while coming on other days my hair falls.. nearly 60 per day... and thie quantity of hair that falls increased drastically when I shifted to bangalore some 56.5 months back...
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in Cardiology.
I read your question with diligence. Let us start analyzing your problem.This is an answer as a general physician.You would have seen that some of your colleagues do loose hair more than what is replaced in very young age. The fact remains we do not know many causes of hair loss and hair transplant is the only treatment left for them. Before, you rush to first commercial hair treatment cum hair transplant center it is necessary for you to understand that a) every one loose some hair every day b) Trichoscan (an investigation to measure hair density available in India, in Banglore too) has more value if serially done and shows persistent hair loss stage in two consecutive scans 3 months apart or recovery in second part. Trichoscan done in Banglore is as good as best in the world so please read what is written about hair loss in young woman and plan a course of action which is suggested in between the lines. Hair loss in young woman. Normal cycle of hair growth. Normal cycle of lines in the range of 2-6 years, I long lines, each about 1 cm per month during the growing top growth. - Approximately 90% of the hair on the head, a long growing up. - 10% in long-term stay is no more. After 2-3 months, one will be resting in the fall. And a new hair replaces the old fall away This is the normal cycle of hair.- However, some people may find that there is more than normal hair loss, which can be found in adult women. Including children, may be found.Remember: the people with hair loss problems and hair loss, hair loss, acute and chronic Most of the causes of hair loss did not come from only a single cause. Often a combination of several causes. -Hair Center of Thailand has found this truth is made to treat hair loss, Hair of the Thai's own reasons, most comprehensive treatment of almost all at the same time to better outcomes. Missing rate is higher than the treatment is specific reasons only. Causes of hair loss than usual. Known that Abnormal hair loss.Hair loss may be found in more normal conditions following:
* After illness or surgery, 3-4 months is associated with stress conditions. And
illness. And it is only temporary. (This obviously is not the case with you?)
* Problems of hormones in the body, unusual diseases such as thyroid and in a
group of thyroid toxicity and the group with the thyroid hormone less than this
hormone in male XXXXXXX nitrogen (Androgen), female hormone s estrogen. (S
estrogen) that are not balanced, it can result in neonatal hair has. (you can get
your thyroid function test, and other hormonal assay or make a list to be done
after you have gone through the causes)
* Postpartum often found in the last 3 months postpartum condition is related to
hormone changes during pregnancy with During pregnancy will have an increase
in certain hormones that cause hair loss than normal. After birth, these
hormones will be reduced to the level before normal pregnancy. Cause more hair
loss. And return to the normal cycle of growth and Chong hair loss. MAY NOT BE
APPLICABLE TO YOU only to stress that hormones are important for hair.
* Some drugs cause of hair loss is triggered, such as anti-platelet drugs.
obviously you are not taking any medicine. If you are please write in followup
query it can be checked even if remotely linked.
*Chemotherapy vitamin pill and anti-depression medication. Hair loss caused by
this can cease, If you stop the drugs.
* Fungal infections, such as the scalp. May find cause hair loss in children. This
type of hair loss can be treated with the antibiotics/ antifungal drugs. You will
ask about it when you show to a specialist a dematologist doctor.
* Some diseases such as diabetes, SLE symptoms may experience hair loss as
initial symptoms of these diseases. Therefore, it should find the cause of hair
loss symptoms before receiving treatment. That is why it is important that you
are seen by a general medical specialist. Who may order certain investigations
to rule out certain conditions which lead to Alopecia (loss of hair)
* Last but not the least is stress. If you are overworked stressed either due to job
competition, you can loose hair without regaining these. Assess your position or
ask your colleagues whether you look stressed. (you can be stressed because of
hair loss so it is negative feedback disease. Not only for hair loss but for other
diseases stress is an important factor.
Lastly to answer the questions
1. Is it male type baldness, look at the pattern of hair loss of elderly male
population of your city if it looks the same yes it is otherwise not.
2. What should be your plan of action. See a medical specialist for any general
illness hidden or otherwise which could be the cause, if he/she says no. Please
do not rush to commercial hair care cum transplant center. Fix an appointment
with a dermatologist of some academic institute, you have many in Banglore.
You can choose a medical college (St XXXXXXX or the other) or Postgraduate
Institute of Medical Education & Research. You will get proper advice not
commercial advice. Secondly, they are supported by excellent pathology
department where biospsy reporting is much superior then that of any
commercial hair transplant center. Good Luck. If you have any further query at
the moment please write. It shall be answered as soon as possible.

With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist and Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology) http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW