Suffering from severe copd, pvd, blocked artery in arm, nose bleeds. Does he require urgent care ?

my husband suffers fro servere copd he also as pvd ,he as a blocked arterie in is left arm he as seen a surgeon he as told him that if he removes the debris it will travel to is brain, the last to mornings he as suffered with nose bleeds they lasted about 15 minutes ,this as never happened before ,should he see is gb .
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The Epistaxis(Nose bleed) could be an associated condition with PVD, if the PVD is due to a vessel wall disease.Otherwise there is no relation for the nose bleed to the existent conditions your husband has.

Considering the age , I would get suspicious about the blood pressure being high which lead to bleed in the nose for such a long time.I would ask you to take him to the ER and get his BP examined.If BP readings are normal then a detailed examination of the nose has to be done to find out the exact cause of the bleed.

Yes, clots can be left in circulation when debridement of an ischemic limb is done but the chances are low depending on the extent of the arm involved.This ischemic arm is no related to the nose bleed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.