Suffering from severe body pain, fever, running nose, sneezing and throat pain. Suggest some medicine

Last week, I had severe body pain and feverish feeling but felt better the nect morning after taking a Dolo 650. Post that, I've had on and off bouts of a slight feverish feeling which goes away when i take a Dolo. Today again, i'm feverish with running nose, sneezing and throat pain. It seems the dolo I took did not take away the fever completely. The last time I met a doctor, he prescribed a combination of Levocet and Levoday which worked fine. I'm not able to find the prescription for the same and hence not sure which is the fever medicine and which is the antibiotic out of the two. Can you pls help me with this info and also the frequency of when I need to take these two tabs. Nevertheless, if you feel there is any other medication I need to take, pls feel free to let me know.

Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 25 minutes later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
Levoday is antibiotic levofloxacin taken once daily for at least 3 days.
Levocet is anti histamine and anti-allergic taken again once daily for 3 to 5 days.
Both after food.
Also to get symptoms relief, MUST DO,
1. Steam inhalation for 10 min sessions - thrice daily.
2. Gargling with salt mixed with warm water - thrice daily.
See for a couple of days and if there is no response, XXXXXXX your physician.
Hope this helps. Kindly get back for doubts if any....