Suffering from severe backache. What can help me?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am suffering from severe backache last 7 days. So please help me.
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The low back pain for last 7 days could be due to-
• Nerve root syndromes: Herniated discs, Spondylosis and Spinal disc degeneration

Musculoskeletal pain syndromes that produce low back pain like myofascial pain syndromes, muscle sprains and fibromyalgia.

• Noninfectious inflammation of the spine (spondylitis) can cause stiffness and pain in the spine that is particularly worse in the morning

• Renal stone
All these causes need to be excluded after a proper examination and related investigations.
In the meanwhile, adequate rest, hot compresses, good analgesic medications and avoiding strenuous exercises will benefit you.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.