Suffering from severe acidity, dry cough, abdominal pain. No fever or spicy food. Eating curd rice. Medication and diet?

I have been suffering from severe acidity / gastric problem from the past 4 months coupled with dry cough. The symptoms include severe pain in the stomach thrusting to the back of the shoulder including constant coughing. The pain has reduced quite a bit after taking the below medication. However, it is very uncomfortable during the nights to sleep as the pain keeps coming back (especially during 1 a.m to 6 a.m). The cough still persists even though I don't have any fever of any sort. I have been on curd rice & no spicy food for the past few weeks. Every time I work out (at the gym), the pain increases 10 fold the next day (Not the physical pain, but the gastric pain). Could you please suggest a remedy along with a diet to be followed
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 43 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Your symptoms is suggestive of duodenal ulcer. I would suggest an upper GI endoscopy for you. The treatment of duodenal ulcer is different from that of a simple acidity without an ulcer.
Consult your doctor for endoscopy.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini