Suffering from sever stomach pain and constipation. Blood test showed anemia. What is the cause for pain?

I have had a few questions answered on this website. Although I am trying to eat after two years of anorexia, I have had problems with constipation as well as stomach pains and nausea. My current problem is that every day, beginning at around 3-4pm I have increasing stomach pains which last for the good bit of the day and into the night. Most of the time they get so bad that I am doubled up and unable to even talk. I am able to sleep it off but the next day the same thing happens. Every day. They seem to be independent of eating or not and they don't respond to antacids or Proton pump inhibitor medication. I have had an abdominal ultrasound today which showed nothing abnormal in any of the organs (liver, pancreas, galbladder etc) I am suspecting ulcers in my stomach but when I throw up there are no telltales of bleeding, at least I don't think so. A gastroscopy is out of my financial realm right now I have had a blood test that shows severe anemia but as far as the helicobacter Pylori, its negative Again, can you explain why these pains are so regular in their onset (EVERY afternoon and for a good 9-12 hours until I am so exhausted, I fall asleep (or almost faint) Next day I am ok (although I can still feel the pain or soreness) and then allover again. Please, I am desperate, this is affecting my life in a huge way. Thanks
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. J Kingson John David 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Vitamin B12 deficiency followed by Ketosis Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to Healthcare Magic... I am Dr.Kingson John David , I read your concern and your symptoms of abdomen pain that usually starts in noon or evening and causing faint or sleep after exhausted is due to 1) Vitamin B12 Deficiency 2) Ketosis 1) Severe anemia resulted from anorexia nervosa caused depletion of vitamin resource in your body that lead you to tiredness and feeling of not heathy , more over you will have decreased appetite as a result of Vitamin B12 deficiency Treatment : In severe anemia .... Blood Transfusion .... Iron sucrose infusion .... Regular Vitamin B12 supplements as oral medications or by intramuscular injections .... Healthy diet ( frequent diet with fruits in between meals ) 2) The cause for abdomen pain that starts in afternoon or evening is due to KETOSIS , it is a condition where glycogen store gets depleted in body as a result of insufficient storage of carbohydrates , Carbohydrates are necessary in order to replace the glycogen stores in our bodies. If there is no intake of carbs as a result of diet, starvation or excessive exercise, then our glycogen stores become depleted. Your body then has to get its energy by breaking down fat stores. You could have symptoms like Excess thirst , nausea , abdomen pain , weakness ,Head ache . Treatment : Do not skip diet as you gets abdomen pain . Morning breakfast followed by Fruits containing carbohydrated in middle of breakfast and lunch hour. Frequent carbohydrate foods will surely treat ketosis and there by reduces symptoms of abdome pain. Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries. Please Accept and rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you have any queries, please respond via the REPLY button and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Regards Dr.J.Kingson John David
Follow-up: Suffering from sever stomach pain and constipation. Blood test showed anemia. What is the cause for pain? 11 hours later
Indeed your response dr Kingson makes the most sense so far. Forgot to mention that I have had intermittent tremors in my left arm and leg lasting a few days or more and very frequently I feel pins and needles in my fingers and toes. Also during my severe abdominal pains, when I am almost fainted, the pain spreads to the whole body. The latest today is that a lump appeared on my neck, middle left side and is growing. Hurts a lot and is a complete mystery what this newest thing maybe. this just today!!! What is happening to my body, have I lost the fight? it seems to be hopeless since pain and nausea keep me from feeding myself properly. Can I use something to quickly pick me up and keep me from collapsing like this every day? Thanks
Answered by Dr. J Kingson John David 1 hour later
Brief Answer: HYPOGLECEMIC TREMOR ARE TREATABLE ... Detailed Answer: Dear Friend .... Thanks for your followup question about your health. I will help you to get rid off your problem. Before that I would like to say you that there is nothing to be worried as you gonna be perfectly alright in few weeks ... you will not suffer from symptoms anymore ... I would say that intermitent tremors are not XXXXXXX ... its due to muscle that lack nutrients and minerals. I would suggest you to boost your immune power by regular food habits for a month along with Vitamin and iron supplements. Drink plenty of fluids. Even if you eat a little more than normal it wont affect your health badly therefore have a good dietary lifestyle more than the present one and relax your mind and few hours of meditation will surely bring your health to normal life without pain and other symptoms. Swelling in neck is of not much significance, it can be due to infection due to nausea and vomiting. Prevent hypoglycemia by taking carbohydrates. Your problems will collapse sooner and you will be getting better and better health from today. Avoid stress and strain. Wish you a healthy life to begin. Ask me if you have further queries, I will help you for sure. Regards, Dr.J.Kingson John David
Follow-up: Suffering from sever stomach pain and constipation. Blood test showed anemia. What is the cause for pain? 5 hours later
thank you dr. So if I was to shop for supplements to help me with my issues as described, what would you recommend? thanks
Answered by Dr. J Kingson John David 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Energy Drinks and Vitamin for cure .... Detailed Answer: Hello friend .... I feel good to help you again with nutritional advice to solve your issues .. Thanks for showing interest to get enough nutrition as reqired for daily living... First before shopping nutrition supplement have a diet plan for example (calories are mentioned in numbers ): Morning after waking from bed: Fortisip (suppliment) 300 Breakfast: 23g oats, 150ml soya milk, 10g raisins/craisins or dried fruit, medium banana, 25g blueberries, 16g of nuts/nut butter/pb (375) Snack: 150ml fat free yoghurt (90), 100 cals of fruit/dried fruit like a peach and 2 dried figs, or 1/2 a mango and 18g raisins etc (190/200) Lunch: 2 sliced med bread/ ww pita/ english muffin (150), 100g chicken breast meat/ham (120), 20g houmous/30g avocado/2 tsp canola oil (50), lettuce tomato and 1/2 pepper (20), 62g beetroot (30), about (370) Snack: tub of Fage 0% greek yoghurt (80), 23g cereal (80), 50g carrot and a dried fig/100g carrot/ 10g raisins and some carrot or XXXXXXX etc (40) (200) Dinner: 120g XXXXXXX steak/100g venison/ tin tuna (120), Mixed veg pack from the supermarket (35), another fat (50), 100g sweet potato baked/ 25g pasta or buckwheat etc (100), plus some spinach/onions or some other veggie (15) (315) Snack: Fage 0%/ 150ml fat free greek yoghurt (80), 8g of some nuts/nut butter/seeds (50), 1/2 a larabar/eat natural bar (some kind of bar anyway) (100-120) about (230) pm: Fortisip (300) Fortisips contain protein and along with fortisip purchase Multivitamin tablets and calcium tablets and vitamin E . You can take this medication daily once for a month . Dont discontinue diet and medication if you see small improvement in health , Continue health followups and relaxation for heart and soul .. Hope this will help you..... Ask me furthur questions if you have any doubts in answers or health .... Take care ... Regards Dr.J.Kingson John David