Suffering from seasonal and food allergies. Have swollen eyelids and excema around it. Any cure?

Sep 2012

I suffer from seasonal n food allergies..over the last 3 mths for the second time, I have swollen eyelids and excema around it..can u suggest any cure for it..thnx
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
Thank you for asking a question.
You have told you have a history of allergy to seasonal and foods.
Have you ever tested for specific substances which are allergic for you?
If you have not done yet then do it. It is your first step to fight against allergy. Because this condition is mainly due to production of antibodies against the allergic substances. So, you have to know every substances which are allergic for you.
I am telling you this because, you only know seasonal and foods like pineapple are allergic. But after having report of this test you will come to know many substances that are involved in your day to day work are also allergic for you.
Try to avoid everthing which are allergic for you. Prevention is the central part of treatment.

For the eyelid lesions, first consult with your family physician or a dermatologist for a clinical examination. Clinical examination will confirm it as an atopic dermatitis or other lesion. It may be due to the infection of the sebaceous glands present in eyelid.
Secondly, take cetrizine group of drugs for allergic reaction.
- If, the lesions are due to secondary infection, azithromycin group of antibiotics should be used.
- For suppression of immune mechanism, corticosteroids or tacrolimus group of drugs are indicated. But these drugs should be used in close observation of the treating doctor.

So, consult with your physician or a dermatologist for further clinical examination , for ordering the abovementioned test and for prescribing the abovementioned drugs accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.