Suffering from rib displacement. Looking for proper treatment

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hello Doctor,

My wife is suffering from rib displacement. Please advise me for the proper treatment.

Thanks in Advance,
XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 19 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

I'm not sure what you mean by rib displacement. Maybe you mean pain in the ribs due to trauma or just spontaneous chest pain.

kindly elaborate the symptoms, like exact location of pain, which side, when did she first notice it,what aggravates the problem, is she on any medications.

Awaiting your reply.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from rib displacement. Looking for proper treatment 57 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

There is a severe swelling near rib joint to the sternum it’s like solid raise and also she has severe pain and swelling spreading towards below shoulder muscles I mean near to below armpits area.

Thanks
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thank you so much for replying.

You have not mentioned an event of trauma or fall so I presume that the swelling was spontaneous in origin. In such cases you must take her to your physician for examination and get basic investigations like an xray done to establish a diagnosis.

It looks like some sort of inflammation or malignancy. One must not neglect these symptoms.
Meanwhile take analgesic to relieve pain.
Regards.