Suffering from rheumatoid arthritis after cesarean delivery. Suffering from pain. No cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi my wife is 24 years old after scissor delivery she is suffering with rheumatoid arthritis joint pains and doctors r saying it will never be cured . I am from Kolkata what can we do I cannot see my wife suffering with lots of pain plz help or advice any doctor in our city
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic problem and with the help of proper and timely treatment, the person can lead a normal life.
You need to consult a proficient rheumatologist for proper management of the symptoms your wife is having.
To find a good Rheumatologist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at

Following these measures might help her:
1. Follow regular exercises like feet exercises, walking, Stretching exercises.
2. Hot fomentation might help during episodes of severe pain.
3. She can also see a physiotherapist for particular joint exercises.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.