Suffering from reoccurring anal fissures. On nebistar-sa for blood pressure. Is there any complication?

Hello Doctor,

I am from Chennai male 49 years old I have been suffering from Anal fissures for last 2 months. First it happened 4 months ago i took treatment it was ok. After 1 month it relapsed again. I am on medication for BP and I started it 4 months back and fissures problem started within 10 days of start taking my BP tablet. My BP tablet is Nebistar-SA. I am not diabetic
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query,

Most of acute anal fissures resolve without therapy, but if you had one relapse then your goal of treatment is to prevent and relieve the constipation.

Assure your meals with plenty fiber (raw fruits, vegetables, etc.) and adequate intake of fluids daily, because generally initiating factor for anal fissures is trauma due to hard and painful bowel movement.

My general advice to you follow diet, maintain local hygiene, sitz baths, if constipation will persisting you may ask your Doctor prescribe some stool softeners, laxatives, bland ointments, in case of severe pain you may ask for topical anesthetics.

Regarding your blood pressure medication, don’t worry it is not correlated with your condition.

Hope this answer your query. I wish you speedy recovery and if you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,